Sunday, October 23, 2011

Earwacks in Lights


I just spent the last 2 days trying to get to my AVI files I had transferred to an external hard drive Dominic lent me. My PC just could'nt see the drive.
It seemed hundreds of people had the same symptom, but no one's fix did the trick. It had been formatted for Mac but the company that did the transfer said they reformatted it.
I decided to re-install the driver from the drive's web site. They had a download that said, "if you want your PC to recognize your drive, download this." It worked!
Here's an ad from our first single.
When we released our first single "Lauren Garbo" in 1979, either Tracy or Fojammi got The Jefferson Gravois Bank to put it on their marquee. I started my first checking account there when I was a teenager.
When I visited Tracy in the Rockies a few years back, he showed me the first check I ever wrote. It was to him for $1,000,000.00. I wonder why he never cashed it.
This is looking up Gravois toward downtown. In those days a row of street lights went over Gravois every 100 feet. The lanes were reversible. Somehow all the lights made Gravois look more intimidating.
The soundtrack is from that recording and it was engineered by the legendary Oliver Sain.


No comments: