Saturday, August 4, 2012

Comfortable Under This Rock, Thank You



I’m sitting here, listening to Judee Sill’s The Kiss. She is definitely one of music’s great losses. I’m getting lost in the labyrinths of fate.
I had this summer all mapped out. I was gonna camp as much as possible but it’s been too damn hot. There’s nothing worse than trying to sleep in a tent when it’s over 90 degrees. I’ll never forget the night Dylan and I spent an entire night in my car with the AC.
I have 2 major skydiving events I’m missing. Last week a lot of my jumping buddies went down to Sullivan, MO for an annual memorial service for friends we lost in a crash. We not only lost dear friends but the operation had to close.
I haven’t been able to tear myself away from editing the final part of the band’s DVD, so I didn’t go.
This weekend is an old timer’s reunion in Taylorville, IL. My other drop zone in Vandalia has also closed. I’m still working on the film. I can’t afford it anyway. I know I’m going to regret not being there. The prospect of a bunch of non-current hot dogs trying to out crazy each other is pretty frightening anyway!
I was supposed to meet up with my friend Tom. We just got word that Tom broke his back during a bad landing in Ottawa, Il at Skydive Chicago. He was air lifted to Peoria. His wife Drea says he’s coming home soon and shouldn’t be paralyzed.
Maybe we’re getting too old.
The other thing we’re supposed to do this summer is stay with our friends Marion and Terry in Chicago. I’m going up once with Valerie and another time with my daughter Chloe. Chloe is fascinated with dinosaurs and is dying to see Sue, the world’s largest T-Rex skeleton at the Field Museum.
We should have gone by now but I have to finish this film. I’m working on the finishing touches so it shouldn’t be long. I just have to get a couple more important interviews.
Terry and Marion---- if you’re reading this, we are still coming!
They turned us on to something called the Megabus. We can get to Chicago for almost nothing. It’s a good thing (and a miracle) we didn’t go last week.
A Megabus on its way from St. Louis to Chicago had a flat, lost control, and veered into a bridge. One person died and dozens were air lifted to hospitals in St. Louis and Springfield, Il.
Sometimes inertia is its own reward.

18 comments:

Dorothy said...

Glad you're working on the edit, Dave. But do get some rest...

Anonymous said...

I am extremely impressed together with your writing talents as neatly as with the structure for your weblog.
Is this a paid subject or did you customize it yourself?
Either way keep up the nice quality writing, it is rare
to see a nice blog like this one today..

Take a look at my weblog: dance

Anonymous said...

Keep this going please, great job!

Look into my web-site: diets that work fast for women

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I've been reading your weblog for a long time now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Lubbock Texas! Just wanted to tell you keep up the excellent job!

Feel free to surf to my blog post; COACH 財布

Anonymous said...

Hello just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The text in
your post seem to be running off the screen in Firefox.
I'm not sure if this is a format issue or something to do with web browser compatibility but I figured I'd post to let you know.
The style and design look great though! Hope you get the issue
resolved soon. Cheers

Here is my website - クリスチャンルブタン

Anonymous said...

I've read several excellent stuff here. Certainly value bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how so much effort you place to make such a great informative website.

My web-site: ミュウミュウ

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I know this is kinda off topic but I'd figured I'd ask.
Would you be interested in trading links or maybe guest authoring a blog post or
vice-versa? My website discusses a lot of the same topics as yours and I believe we could greatly benefit
from each other. If you're interested feel free to send me an e-mail. I look forward to hearing from you! Terrific blog by the way!

Look at my blog - chloe 財布

Anonymous said...

Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of any
widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my
newest twitter updates. I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

Here is my web site - www.kvfortissimo.nl

Anonymous said...

I visited various sites however the audio feature for audio songs existing at this web
page is genuinely wonderful.

Also visit my homepage :: click here

Anonymous said...

This is a really good tip especially to those fresh to
the blogosphere. Short but very precise information… Thank you for
sharing this one. A must read post!

Feel free to visit my web site ... click here

Anonymous said...

Wow, superb weblog layout! How long have you ever been blogging for?
you make blogging glance easy. The total look of your website is wonderful,
as well as the content!

Here is my website; メンズコーチ

Anonymous said...

Magnificent beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your
web site, how could i subscribe for a blog site? The account aided me a
acceptable deal. I had been a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided bright clear concept

Stop by my weblog :: クリスチャンルブタン

Anonymous said...

you're in reality a good webmaster. The site loading pace is incredible. It kind of feels that you are doing any distinctive trick. Moreover, The contents are masterpiece. you've performed a magnificent task in this subject!


Visit my webpage クリスチャンルブタン

Anonymous said...

Currently being assured that you locate the best tools is the to start with stage in getting
to be an avid motocross rider. Entire Food items
Marketplace is located at 2693 Edmondson Highway in oakley, and at 5805 Deerfield
Boulevard in Mason.

my web-site :: http://www.solarglassesforcheap.com

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I could have sworn I've been to this blog before but after reading through some of the post I realized it's new to me.
Anyways, I'm definitely happy I found it and I'll be bookmarking and
checking back often!

Also visit my web-site cheap oakley sunglasses

Anonymous said...

I know this website provides quality based content and other stuff, is there any other web site which presents these kinds of data in quality?


my web-site :: ルブタン靴

Anonymous said...

I do not even know hoԝ I endеd up here, but Ι thoսght this post
was good. ӏ doո't ҝnοw who yߋu are but certainly you're going
to a famߋus blogger if you are not already ;) Cheers!



Check out my page ... goodgame empire hack

Anonymous said...

Hello! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a collection of volunteers and starting
a new project in a community in the same niche. Your blog provided us valuable information to work
on. You have done a outstanding job!

Check out my blog post: ,Small Engine Maintenance Boring Oregon,